Thursday, June 3, 2010

Landscape Lighting and Bathroom Floor

I've Worked on a few different projects the last couple days, first off I put in some new landscape lighting around the house and up the side walkway. I had happened on another great deal at Lowes, they had some of the nice metal low voltage lights on clearance for 75% off! I like these inexpensive projects!


Another pic of the lights and also some of the flowers my mom came over and planted a week ago. They aren't very big yet, but should be growing pretty fast with the rain we've been getting.


Got the $5 light hung up too. I put it above the back staircase in the hallway.


This one has been a long time coming... Last year we had some water damage to the flooring in the bathroom from the tub leaking. It caused the flooring to swell and some of the wood overlay was buckling. I ended up pulling up all the oak flooring and thats how it sat for the last 6-7 months, with just the primered subfloor. As I am planning on eventually replacing the vanity and doing some nice tile work (couple years from now). I didn't want to put a lot of time or money into the floor at the moment. So for now I figured I had to at least get some sort of flooring down in there so I went with some vinyl tiles that resemble travertine. I bought 2 colors and layed it down in a checkerboard pattern. It turned out pretty nice looking.



No comments:

statistics history
Dell Computers