Thursday, November 13, 2008

1st Floor Bathroom - facelift

The last 3 weeks have been pretty hectic, spent lots of time visiting family in the hospital, first my dad was in, then Christines mom. Hopefully everybody stays healthy for a long time now. The few hours I've been able to spare I decided to give the main bathroom a little facelift. The previous owners had last updated it in 1988, so it was time for a color change.

Here's a before pic:


Green EVERYWHERE, even the window shades were green.


Now its a light tan "Hazelnut Cream", all new curtains, pictures, shades and chandelier. When I'm able to get more in depth with it (ie: more money), I will get rid of the green vanity top you can see in the corner of the picture, and also the wood floor will be replaced with tile.


another view.

New ceiling medallion and chandelier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job Jason.......I am so sorry about Christines mom......and of course your dad.......
The color look very rich and classy....it tones down the green tile countertop and it's not so bad.....
I am proud of the work you are doing...and the fact that you have been able to manage "any work" with all you've had to do, amazes me....Thanks for being there for your mom and dad......
Love ya

Nancy said...

Looks like you've got your hands full. I know exactly what you are going through -- we started renovating our old 1905 farm house a few years ago (still aren't done yet!) and I never thought we'd be able to move in. Your house is much more ornate -- but the premise is the same, I suspect. Good luck to you and your little helper seems to be doing a great job!

statistics history
Dell Computers